Membership in the site is void where prohibited. This site is intended for users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. The John Birch Society strives to provide a positive, family-friendly environment but strongly urges that parents of children under age eighteen (18) provide adult supervision to younger users. By using the site, you represent and warrant that you are eligible to use the site under these terms and agree to abide by all the terms and conditions specified in this agreement.
2.0 Registration and Account Security
As a result of your use of the site, you agree to:
- Provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be required by any registration forms on the site;
- Maintain the security of your password and other identification;
- Maintain and update your registration data and other information that you provide to us so that it remains accurate, current, and complete;
- Be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
3.0 Rights in Site Content; Limited License
4.0 User Conduct
You agree that the site and the services provided are available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the site will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
In addition, you agree not to use the site to:
- Collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- Use the site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the site;
- Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the site;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any videos other than those of a personal nature that: (i) are of you or your friends, (ii) are taken by you or your friends, or (iii) are original art or animation created by you or your friends;
- Register for more than one account, register for an account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for an account on behalf of any group or entity;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- Solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Intimidate or harass another;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on the Service or the Site.
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the site, or which may expose Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
5.0 User Content on the Site
You are solely responsible for the photos, profiles (including your name, image, and likeness), messages, notes, text, information, music, video, advertisements, listings, and other content that you upload, publish or display (hereafter, “post”) on or through the site, or transmit to or share with other users (collectively, “user content”). You may not post, transmit, or share user content on the site that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. You agree that the Company may, but is not obligated to, review the Site and may delete or remove (without notice) any site content or user content at its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, including user content that in the sole judgment of the Company violates this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users or others. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any content you post or store on the site or provide to the Company.
When you post user content to the site, you authorize and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the content on the site. By posting content to the site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such user content for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such user content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your user content from the site at any time. If you choose to remove your user content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that the Company may retain archived copies of your user content. The John Birch Society does not assert ownership over your user content; instead, subject to the rights granted to us in these Terms, you retain full ownership of all of your user content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your user content.
The Company respects the intellectual property rights of others and we prohibit users from uploading, posting or transmitting on the JBS.org site any materials that violate another person or party’s intellectual property rights. When we receive a notification of alleged copyright infringement, we promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
7.0 Third Party Websites and Content
The site contains links to other web sites (“third party sites”) and may at times contain articles, photographs, software, and other materials originating from third parties. Such third party sites and third party content are not investigated or monitored for accuracy, appropriateness or completeness and we are not responsible for any content posted or accessed on third party sites.
When you visit JBS.org you provide us with personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and site use information collected by us as you interact with our site.
When you register with JBS.org, you provide us with personal information, such as your name, your email address, your telephone number, your address, your gender, schools attended and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us.
When you use the site, we collect your browser type and IP address. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using “cookies.” A cookie is data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. When you choose to use the site’s “remember me” function, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID to make it easier for you to login when you come back to JBS.org. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
When you use the JBS.org website, you may set up your personal profile, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, form groups, set up events, add applications, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. In most cases, we retain it so that you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your friend list. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
You post content on the site at your own risk. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your pages, it is essential to note that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that content you post on the site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of user content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your User Content.
If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend’s email address. We will send your friend an email in your name inviting him or her to visit the site, and may send reminders to them. JBS.org stores this information to send invitations to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, to allow you to see invitations you have sent, and to track the success of our referral program.
By using JBS.org, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
8.1 Use of Information
Your profile information, as well as your name, email and photo, are displayed to people in the networks specified in your privacy settings to enable you to connect with people on JBS.org. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services that we think you may find valuable.
Profile information is used by the site generally to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information by your privacy settings.
Your name, network names, and profile picture thumbnail will be available in search results across JBS.org and those limited pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines. In most cases, the JBS.org website restricts third-party search engines from indexing your name. Inclusion of this information among site search results is primarily so your friends can find you and send a friend request. People who see your name in searches, however, will not be able to access your profile information unless they have a relationship to you (friend, friend of friend, member of your networks, etc.) that allows such access based on your privacy settings.
JBS.org may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the site. If a friend sends you a new message, or someone posts on your profile, you may receive an email alerting you to that fact.